History

Fredericton’s Historic Garrison District preserves the architecture and ambiance of its military past when the town was garrisoned by the British Army from 1785 to 1869, and by the Canadian Army from 1883 to 1914. Today, it delivers a peek into the past as well as modern shopping, dining, nightlife, concerts, festivals, the historic Changing of the Guard Ceremony and much more. Bordered by Queen, Regent and York Streets and the magnificent Wolastoq, or Saint John River.